Hannibal Lecter is throwing a dinner party this evening, and he’s currently in the kitchen, cooking up a storm. Sadly, his friends from the Bureau can’t attend, because the Chesapeake Ripper has just left five simultaneous crime scenes! On a completely unrelated note, Hannibal is serving one of five entrees to each of his guests. Each meal is made out of a different organ, each harvested from five rude people engaged in a various professions (one is a banker), and each committing one of five offenses. Sadly, in the furor of the evening, Hannibal has lost his plans for which guest is to be served each dish. He would be most appreciative if you could assist in reconstructing his dinner plans. To do otherwise would be rude. We wouldn’t want that.
Seating arrangements for the dinner. Note: “directly across” is both of the numbers across the table. For example, 4 and 5 are directly across from 2.
1. The five dishes are, in no particular order: the lung entrée, the meal made from the plumber, the dish served to the person sitting directly clockwise from the person who was served the heart entrée, the meal made from the person who flipped off Hannibal in traffic, and the dish served to the person sitting directly across the table from the person served the kidney and the one served the dish made from the especially profane victim.
2. The person served the liver sits between the person served the barista and the one who was served the rude artist who was unacceptably noisy during a performance at the opera.
3. The person served the lawyer is sitting in seat 1.
4. The person who was served the thigh is sitting directly clockwise from the person served the kidney and directly across the table from the person served lungs and the one served the rude victim who spilled coffee on Hannibal’s new suit without apologizing.
5. The lawyer did not have his liver harvested.
6. The meal made from the man who was drunk-flirting with Will Graham was served to a person who is not sitting next to the person who was served the profane barista.
7. The person who spilled his coffee on Hannibal did not have his heart harvested.